Thursday, March 9, 2017

Gospel of John

Class Overview
Thursdays: 2:00 – 3:30 pm

February 23, 2017 – March 30, 2017


Date
Theme
Scripture
Feb 23
*Incarnation
*How John is different from the other Gospels
Prologue 1: 1-18
March 2
One on one Relationships
Nicodemus: 3:1-21
Woman of Samaria: 4:1-42
March 9
“I Am” Sayings
EIGHT I AM SAYINGS OF CHRIST
John 6: 35, 48   I am the bread of life
John 8: 12, 9:5   I am the light of the world
John 8: 58   Before Abraham was, I am
John 10:9   I am the door
John 10:11   I am the good shepherd
John 11:25   I am the resurrection and the life
John 14:6   I am the way, the truth, and the life
John 15:1   I am the true vine
March 16
Miracles
The Wedding at Cana: 2:1-12
The Blind Beggar: 9:1-40
March 23
The Last Supper
Chapters 13-17
Jesus washes the disciples’ feet: 13: 1-20
Jesus’ New Commandment: 13: 31-35
The Promise of the Holy Spirit: 14: 15-31
March 30
The Doctrine of Eternal life
Summary of Teaching: 12:44-50
Jesus’ Prayer for His Disciples: 17:1-26
Jesus’ Resurrection: 20:1-31

All class notes can be accessed on www.pastorpegsadventures.blogspot.com
            (Please allow a day or two for Pastor Peg to clean up grammar mistakes.)

Pastor Peg can be reached at 914-584-5221.

No comments:

Post a Comment